How to Rescreen a Porch. Join the Mother/Daughter team of Vicki & Steph as we take you through the steps and techniques needed to re-screen Steph’s porch. (Click ‘Show More’ for materials, tools, and tips)
Watch how it's holding up- 2 years later: https://youtu.be/aCKXALCPwuI
- Screen—it comes in rolls
- Spline—there are various diameters and lengths—the 100 yard bag was the most economical
- Spline Mouse
- Needle nose and flat nose pliers—used to pull the spline
- Various hook tools—used to pry away old spline. Please note: brace yourself as you remove the spline so you don’t lose your balance and wear gloves to avoid cuts.
- Straight Edge Knife—used to cut screen to size, trim new screen, can also be used to cut spline
- Scissors—another tool to cut screen/spline
- Gaff tape
- Cleaning supplies/caulk as your project requires—we found a few places that needed caulking and lots that needed cleaning!
Research ahead of time the kind of screen you want to use and then head off to the Big Box store for your supplies and tools.
You will need a buddy to help keep the screen aligned and square as the spline is rolled into place. Be sure to go back over the spline to be sure it is tightly in place. We basically did the top first, sides, and then the bottom.
Please note: we are not professionals, and we don’t claim to be. This is what we found worked for our project. Yours may need a little different approach. Safety first!
Find us on Facebook:
Tags: How to Rescreen a Porch, diy, screen, home improvement, mother, daughter, hardware, porch, fiberglass, spline, spline mouse, home depot, magic eraser, rescreen, how to, Do It Yourself (Hobby), How-to (Website Category), Porch (Accommodation Feature), re-screen, door, window, iphone, homeowner, mother daughter projects